Week11

 I never really knew what Twitter was about, I mean I had an idea but I've never had one before. From doing this research I gained more insight on what Twitter is for. It's basically like blogging how we use this website for our class but social media version of it. Which I'm sure 99% of you guys already knew that however I'm not a social media guru. I can see why some businesses would like using this platform but for me personally I wouldn't use it because I believe other social medias would be better in my own opinion. There are pros to using Twitter but whatever works best for you is what helps you out the most.

I already had a LinkedIn account from a previous class but I also think this is another one I personally wouldn't use. Maybe sometime I would use it but starting off for awhile I couldn't see myself using LinkedIn. But looking more into it I can now understand how it works and why people would use this website to help their businesses or to get a job as well. I didn't know you could create Showcase Pages to promote your products and brands which is neat. Just like posting on any social media outlet you also need to think about what times you post on LinkedIn.

I obviously knew about people being social media influencers but I didn't quite have much knowledge about how businesses search for an influencer. Using social media influencers as a marketing tactic is a popular and effective method to reach a large audience and increase brand awareness. Credibility, attractiveness, and relatability are among the key indicators of an influencer’s ability to influence. And they can be explained by psychological concepts like social proof, attractiveness bias, and social identity theory. Influencer marketing campaigns are especially useful to connect with the millennial crowd. Before getting a social media influencer for your brand it's better to make sure that influencer matches your brand and deliver an authentic message to your specific target group.

From doing this research I feel like Twitter and LinkedIn are both very similar to other social media outlets. However, I learned a lot about social media influencers that ends up having a little more into it than I thought it did. I thought the absolute number one important thing was just attractiveness and that was all, but it's actually more if your the right fit for that brand. Businesses actually have to do some research on whether they want this person influencing their brands and whether they can deliver an authentic message. I got a better understanding on how Twitter, LinkedIn, and social media influencers work and what they are for.






Comments

  1. For your business, I could see a social influencer having a great deal of impact. You have a physical product that appeals to the environmentally conscious segment of our population. Perfect for a celebrity or an influencer. I think the other forms of social media are just as fitting for your brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney,

    I agree that there are both pros and cons to using Twitter. In my opinion, Twitter is more of a relaxed platform. I see companies like Wendy's use it with almost a comedic purpose. They make jokes and digs at their competitors for entertainment value. This is an accurate representation of how I see twitter. I don't expect to see the serious side of business on twitter. However, some do use it for that and find success. I think it overall is a harder platform for business, especially smaller ones, to be successful on. Similarly with LinkedIn, I think it is most beneficial in the hiring process and less in promoting. In my opinion social influencers are the most effective of the three for marketing purposes.

    Is a business could only use one, which would you recommend for a business to use, LinkedIn, Twitter, or a social influencer?

    Great post!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week9 PartA

Week10 PartA

My Theme