Week2 Part1: Blog Post

Businesses communication methods has extremely changed in just the last two decades that I have been on earth for. I remember watching the ads on the television about toys or even plastic containers, from when I last watched actual television there was ads for everything. I haven't watched actual television in awhile now.  Once social media grew corporations jumped to join it and use it for advertising and eventually for communicating directly with their potential consumers. This has opened more communitive ways for users to receive quick responses, support, suggest new products, and feel as if they have a closer relationship with the products and brands they love. People feel like their voice is being heard now with the quick responses that consumers receive. 

Social media can either be beneficial or can be hard in getting noticed or having your problem solved. Everyone goes to the internet to either fill out a survey for companies or leave reviews, both work well when it's over anything from a broken product to receiving poor support from employees. Majority of the constant feedback has forced the hand of companies to fix their services or offer more services in exchange for a positive customer response. However, some companies either miss the customers message or just ignore the customer due to either company policy or poor customer service. 

Companies have in the past solely relied on public opinion to ensure branding success, negative stories spread fast but social media spreads the negative stories quicker. While social media grows rapidly it keeps companies on their toes to watching what they say might be harmful to what are the trends. Even though social media can cut some advertising costs, the company could do itself it's own damage from poor services or a misstep.

However I personally, tend to not leave reviews or attempt to contact the companies unless the service was terrible. I have only probably done that maybe one time because I felt like the situation was uncalled for other than that I keep to myself. I would say I definitely live in the past still where I rather just avoid it than have to go through all these loops to just leave a comment.

Once I have my own business and began receiving reviews I would do what I could to respond to everyone. Giving thanks to those with positive words to say and reaching out to those that had issues, asking how I can improve and what they may suggest I could work on/improve. I believe that when properly handled many problem situations can be resolved quickly and be beneficial on both ends. By asking the consumer to give them their voice goes quite a long way because you're going out of your way to try to improve whatever mishap for that individual. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week9 PartA

My Theme

Week10 PartA